These coconut shell bowls are environmentally responsible, reusable and fair trade. They come in two external finishes, polished and natural. The inside of the bowl is always polished. The inside of the bowls are finished with coconut oil to hydrate, seal and make them shine. No nasty chemicals, lacquers or glues are used. The natural finish on this coconut bowl has a rough texture on the outside with a polished smooth finish on the inside.
- Hand-made by small coastal villages in the pristine Solomon Islands, our Coconut Bowls come from reclaimed coconut shells after their flesh is pressed into our extra virgin coconut oil. Nothing wasted.
- 100% of profits from Niulife products are put back into the Solomon Island communities via our charitable trust the Niulife Foundation
- Use your bowls at breakfast, lunch, dinner or for snacks but we recommend not to use them with anything piping hot.
- Each bowl is unique and generally ranges between 12-14cm in diameter with a depth of around 6cm. Each bowl holds approximately 600ml.
Caring for your Bowl:
Coconut bowls are long lasting and durable when a little care is taken –
- Hand wash in lukewarm soapy water
- Regularly rub extra virgin coconut oil to hydrate, seal and restore shine to your bowl (every 10 uses or so)
- Do not soak your bowl for long periods
- Do not use in the dishwasher, microwave, oven or freezer as they may crack